Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Relay for Life 2012


This upcoming weekend is Relay for Life Santa Clarita Valley and I will be participating for the 3rd year in row.  Cancer seems to have touched every person I know and for me it is no exception.  I have lost family members, friends, and sadly know friends who have lost little ones as well.

This disease does not discriminate.  It cares not for age or gender, social standing or wealth, race or religion. It cares not whom it touches or in what way.  It cares not if you’re ready for the fight. Cancer will be the aggressor and you will find yourself at war with your own body. 

I want to find out why this disease is so powerful.  I want to help those who are feeling powerless to it.  I want to stand and fight for all who cannot. If I can help, even in the smallest of ways, I feel I am talking a stand.

I walk for those I’ve lost. I walk for all who have triumphed. I walk for the millions of families who have suffered great losses.  I walk for the parent who has lost a child too soon.  I walk for the child who has lost a parent too soon.  I walk because I want to be a part of a cause that benefits us all.  I walk because I am still standing. Shouldn’t we fight if we are still standing?

If you would like to make a donation please visit My relay for life page.  Even a small donation can make a big difference to someone who is fighting a HUGE battle!

Our Little Team Members- Relay for Life 2011

Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment