Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A space of my own


Before- this is the only wall in the
basement that is drywalled as it is
attached to the staircase

We have lived in our home for about 2 ½ years now and while we have wanted to do many projects, time and money always seem to be in short supply. Since I have decided to start my own small business I found myself seeking a space to do my work, uninterrupted that is user friendly yet stylish. Comfort in my workplace definitely lends itself to my creativity.






Pattern taped to the wall
before paint
We have a nice size basement, almost 600 square feet, and it has basically been a dumping ground for all of the “I need this but I don’t know where to put it” knick knacks and do-dads from A to Z.  Currently it is somewhat of a disaster but I have decided it is time to make use of this highly neglected space.  I have claimed a spot for myself and I will be turning it into my home office.  Right now it is a big concrete room but it has a large window to let the light in.  It is not quite the dank basement you might picture.  One day we will frame it, add drywall, canned lighting and flooring but for now those things will have to wait. When I have about $5000 dollars of disposable income, I’m sure I will be blogging about the remodel.
After- the picture is showing this as being
a very bright yellow but it is actually
very soft and lovely

I have started my project with paining the wall that is behind my desk with a great pattern that I found searching DIY’s.  I love Pinterest.  I’m going for a bright colorful space.  It really feels like the only room that I can make completely my own.  I plan on having 2 client chairs so I made 2 decorative pillows of which I found my inspiration on Etsy.  I have quite a bit more to do and I am sure I will be documenting my progress along the way.



Time to get back to painting some orders.  Feel free to check out my site www.sweetpeasbutterbeans.etsy.com

Happy pillows I made. "Relax" and
"Love"

Until next time, cheers! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. The wall looks great and I can't wait to see the room with all the furniture moved back in!

    ReplyDelete