Thursday, April 12, 2012

What do you do when you need a wall?


Mr. Butter Beans and I have been very busy in the basement the last couple of days.  I set time aside each day, between painting orders, to work towards reaching my goal of a functioning space.  It’s turning into quite a long project be it is coming along well.
Before- Mr. Butter Beans hanging the track

Now I do apologize for the pictures today because there is a lot of junk in the way but you can get an idea of what we were going for here.  The basement is a large “L” shape and we are a portion as the office space.  Anything and everything that was in that part of the room has now been shoved to the other side.  As of now said “anything and everything” is headed for destination unknown but I’m working on it. We decided we wanted to partition the room with some sort of a divider but we were a little conflicted as to just how we were going to make this happen for a small amount of cash.  Ikea is a great place to go when you just can’t figure out how you are going to do something.  All of their items are very versatile and can be modified to fit just about any space.

In our search we found a system that was perfect for our needs.  It is a long metal mount with 1 or 3 tracks (we chose 3) which can be mounted to the wall or ceiling.  You then purchase rolls of fabric that can be cut to any size, which act as curtains.  You install a metal track with wheels to top of the fabric curtains and they slide on the rail. While this sounds extremely complicated it was extremely simple and made a huge difference.
After- Cluttered but you get the idea :o)


We effectively separated the office from the rest of the basement and we did it all for under $200! The best part to me…I can bring the kids down with me to watch a movie, while I get some work done, and I can slide open my “wall” to keep an eye on them.  It works out fantastically! 


As always you can check out my shop at
www.sweetpeasbutterbeans.etsy.com!

Until next time, cheers! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment