Friday, April 20, 2012

Work and Play


The family and I took a day away from doing projects this past Monday, and went for a fun family trip to Disneyland.  As all parents know, it is very difficult to make it through an entire day without some sort of breakdown but amazingly there were none. The kids were happy and having a great time so mommy and daddy had a great time too. It was truly a fantastic day together.

The next day it was back to work and I spent the subsequent days this week finishing up an order for a set of letters with a Princess theme.  These were a big challenge for me.  When you are painting specific characters, especially the Princesses, it is so important to paint their faces correctly.  If a face is painted incorrectly, then the other details around the character don’t really matter.  Your eye will constantly be drawn to the incorrect face. 

After painting and repainting the faces several times, I think I achieved my goal. I’m happy with the result and my client is so it’s a win, win.

No time to stop, I have several other orders just wanting for a coat of paint :o)

As always you can check out my store,www.sweetpeasbutterbeans.etsy.com

Until next time, cheers! Thanks for stopping by!





1 comment:

  1. I feel like everyone around me is going to disneyland... I must jump in on the fun and go! I haven't been in years. cute blog! xo

    ReplyDelete