Friday, April 13, 2012

Snow Day


Hello Mr. Snow.  Pull up a chair and make
yourself comfortable.

Today was a snow day up here in our mountain town and I was very grateful Mr. Butter Beans was able to make it home to spend the day with us.  It really hasn’t stopped all day and it is supposed to continue through the night. This is very strange for California in April.  Usually by this time of the year it is getting very warm and many days are even pool or beach weather. The hubby and I played with the kids outside and even did a little project this afternoon. 

A great friend of mine purchased an antique record player case (record player not included) and was using it as a filing cabinet.  After a while she decided she didn’t have much room for it and generously gave it to me.  It had already been primed and for a while it sat in my basement while I tried to figure out what I was going to do with it.  While working on the office project I was trying to figure out a place to keep all of my paint.  I decided this piece would work out well because it is great for storage. 
Before

I usually paint furniture with an actual bucket and brush but yesterday I was at our local hardware store and saw some spray paint the was aqua and I really liked it.  I figured “why not paint the cabinet with it?” and purchased a couple of cans. It was pretty quick and easy to coat and I just adore the color.  Seeing as it is an antique, it seems as though it had a very thick oil based stain on it at one time.  No matter how many times I spray it, the stain is still coming through. It really doesn’t matter though because it gives it a very charming “worn” look and I think its great!
After- Pretty Aqua

As always you can check out my site www.sweetpeasbutterbeans.etsy.com

Until next time, cheers!  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. The cabinet turned out super cute. Watch out though, your friend may want it back. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete